 CAD / 14419
Re: colors completeness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 21:26:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:

   Well the problem with bleys is that L3P doesn’t just replace them, it deletes them. Fortunately it doesn’t seem to have this problem with parts in colours greater than or equal to 256.

You mean that a color 71 or 72 brick goes into L3P and nothing comes out? Unless I’ve got the wrong grey (quite possible; bley genealogy bores me), L3P complains and applies the default color, but it doesn’t remove the the part from the scene.

For example: bleysandwich.ldr, bleysandwich.pov, bleysandwich.png

The bricks are rendered in plain old grey, but they’re still there.

What have I missed? (Just trying to grok as many LDraw tools as I can.)

Jim

Ahhhh. My apologies. It’s been ages since I tried so that is probably what happened.

The end result is that I can’t apply my own bley definitions (yes the numbers are right) which is probably why I thought they were deleted.

Tim