 CAD / 14415
Re: colors completeness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 18:24:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:

L3p doesn't support it as far as I can tell... in fact L3P refuses to give bley
or dark bley any colour at all.

Correct. As I noted in my other reply, the only way I've been able to render
those colors (and a few others) with L3P/POV-ray is to replace the color codes
with their 0x02RRGGBB style equivalents, and that's not really the most
desirable solution.

Jim

I find it easier just to use a different colour for bleys so I can set it up
properly in a povray include file. I always use 263 for dark bley but don't yet
have a standard for light bley.

Neat. Can you explain what you mean by povray include file? A separate file from
the model generated by L3P, that contains color definitions? How do you prevent
L3P from replacing your custom colors with the default gray, as it does with
other colors it doesn't already recognize?

I like the idea of sticking with whatever code is commonly assigned to a color
(such as 72 for "bley," I believe) so that it looks right in any programs that
do know that color.

I'm all for good solutions, though!

Jim

Well the problem with bleys is that L3P doesn't just replace them, it deletes
them. Fortunately it doesn't seem to have this problem with parts in colours
greater than or equal to 256.

Fortunately, l3p colour definitions check to make sure the colour isn't already
defined. As such if you include a file with your own custom definitions before
the first colour is defined by l3p (I always add the call to the include file
after the AMB and DIF definitions) then it will use your colours rather than its
own.

Tim