 CAD / 14413
Re: colors completeness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 18:06:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Joshua Delahunty wrote:

I was getting ready to add support for it to ldglite* when I found LDView, and
haven't looked back.  I would have recommended LDView to you for your (separate)
instruction-step query, but LDView doesn't (yet) support STEPs in models, it's
an all or nothing viewer.  Other than that, it's extremely full featured
(including possible overkill in some areas -- Stereo imagery, for instance
:wink:)  It's replaced ldglite for me for all tasks.

Actually, in conjunction with Bricksmith's "Export Steps" option, LDView could
be used to render each step (since each step is exported as a separate file). As
recently discussed here, it is possible to run the current version of LDView on
your Mac, too - but that's a work in progress.

I really wish a comment indicator such as // had been added to the format, but I
haven't seen one; that would have allowed some nice commentary when I changed
names to match LDRAW usage, but I haven't such a syntax presented.

Technically, doesn't "0" mark an LDraw comment anyway? Of course, it is used for
all kinds of meta commands and standard header fields, but if you place the
comment after any headers and start it with something that's not a meta command
- such as "//" - shouldn't that be valid?

Jim