 CAD / 14406
  colors completeness

Hi, I have some questions about all those colors. I am using BrickSmith on Mac, I do not know if MLCAD does offer more colors. Bricksmith is missing the newer transparent dark orange and medium blue colors and some rarely used solid ones as bluish (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: colors completeness

(...) I think it would be nice if Bricksmith read the ldconfig.ldr file to load color definitions, or if it offered a pane in the preferences or color picker to define new colors. Best of all, if it had an interface like that to read and update (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: colors completeness

(...) Hi Lutz, most excellent to see some questions from you; it's been a long time since we've conversed. (...) The LDRAW "group" (if you will) has created a color standard in ldconfig.ldr, a text file describing common settings to be used by LDRAW (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: colors completeness

--snip-- (...) L3p doesn't support it as far as I can tell... in fact L3P refuses to give bley or dark bley any colour at all. --snip-- Tim (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: colors completeness

(...) Correct. As I noted in my other reply, the only way I've been able to render those colors (and a few others) with L3P/POV-ray is to replace the color codes with their 0x02RRGGBB style equivalents, and that's not really the most desirable (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: colors completeness

(...) My apologies if true. I was going off Steve's assertion in the LUGNET posting I linked to -- I haven't used L3P myself (only LDView). -- joshua (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: colors completeness

(...) I find it easier just to use a different colour for bleys so I can set it up properly in a povray include file. I always use 263 for dark bley but don't yet have a standard for light bley. Tim (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: colors completeness

(...) Actually, in conjunction with Bricksmith's "Export Steps" option, LDView could be used to render each step (since each step is exported as a separate file). As recently discussed here, it is possible to run the current version of LDView on (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: colors completeness

(...) Neat. Can you explain what you mean by povray include file? A separate file from the model generated by L3P, that contains color definitions? How do you prevent L3P from replacing your custom colors with the default gray, as it does with other (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: colors completeness

(...) Well the problem with bleys is that L3P doesn't just replace them, it deletes them. Fortunately it doesn't seem to have this problem with parts in colours greater than or equal to 256. Fortunately, l3p colour definitions check to make sure the (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: colors completeness

(...) Then I would definitely recommend LDView for the rendering chain. I've recently used it to create a set of part images (as I used to use ldglite) for the entire library, and they are FAN-TAB-u-Glorious! Travis has been very helpful, and even (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: colors completeness

(...) I've been making an effort recently to demonstrate that LDView (including the development version, 3.2) will work on the Mac. Although LDView 3.2 itself is, as you emphasize, unreleased, the source code is available, so I've been trying to (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: colors completeness

(...) You mean that a (URL) color 71 or 72> brick goes into L3P and nothing comes out? Unless I've got the wrong grey (quite possible; bley genealogy bores me), L3P complains and applies the default color, but it doesn't remove the the part from the (...) (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: colors completeness

(...) Ahhhh. My apologies. It's been ages since I tried so that is probably what happened. The end result is that I can't apply my own bley definitions (yes the numbers are right) which is probably why I thought they were deleted. Tim (17 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: colors completeness

(...) I believe that the (now nearly mythical) "next version" of L3P has been announced to support ldconfig.ldr. --Travis (17 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)