 CAD / 14417
Re: colors completeness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 21:05:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Joshua Delahunty wrote:

Travis has been very helpful, and even added some features to the UNRELEASED*
3.2 (which is unreleased, has no announced release date, and still "in Alpha"
status) I asked for, with a day's turn-around.  Fixed some defects I've found,
too.  I can't praise LDView enough...
* SCREAMED to make it clear there's no LDView 3.2 downloadable yet, so no one
wastes time looking.

I've been making an effort recently to demonstrate that LDView (including the
development version, 3.2) will work on the Mac. Although LDView 3.2 itself is,
as you emphasize, unreleased, the source code is available, so I've been trying
to help Travis work out some of the kinks with it on the Mac. I agree that it's
a great program and that he's doing a great job with it.

Anyway, my point is that people who are particularly interested in it - and who
may have any helpful expertise - are probably welcome to download the latest
code (Travis' site explains how), try to build it, and see how it works, as long
as they do understand that it is indeed a work in progress.

I really wish a comment indicator such as // had been added to the format, but I
haven't seen one; that would have allowed some nice commentary when I changed
names to match LDRAW usage, but I haven't such a syntax presented.

Technically, doesn't "0" mark an LDraw comment anyway? Of course, it is used for
all kinds of meta commands and standard header fields, but if you place the
comment after any headers and start it with something that's not a meta command
- such as "//" - shouldn't that be valid?

I wanted something for end-of-line comments, rather than having to place
comments every-other-line (which is what I ended up doing -- I've spent some
time on this project today after posting that it was forthcoming)

something like...

0 !COLOUR Black    CODE 0 VALUE #1b234 EDGE 0 // TLG: 26

Ah,  I see. Yeah, that is more compact.

Jim