 CAD / MLCad / 2162
Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 19:41:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, David J. Perdue wrote:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Ross Crawford wrote:
The RGB values can be found here:
http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/colorguide.cgi

I found this link just yesterday or the day before, and I was glad to see that
the three stone colors were on it. Now I have the RGB values, although the RGB
for Dark Stone Grey doesn't seem to work too well.

In your LDraw install directory (usually C:\LDraw), there should be a file of
color definitions, ldconfig.ldr.  You can also find it at
<http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/ldconfig.ldr>.  This file includes RGB
values for colors, that might work better than the values on the colorguide
list.

I believe L3P recognizes the definitions in ldconfig.ldr, so if you use the
color-codes for the stone-grays, they should render correctly.

Steve