 CAD / MLCad / 2159
Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:52:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, David J. Perdue wrote:
I would like to use the following colors in MLCAD:

1. Light Stone Gray

2. Medium Stone Gray

3. Dark Stone Gray

I have been attempting to find or create these colors in MLCAD, but I have not
been fully successful. I’ll also be rendering with these colors, so they will
need to work outside of MLCAD as well.

Anybody have any ideas of how to "get" these colors in MLCAD?

Hi David,

As far as I can work out, MLCad does not currently support the colours defined
in ldconfig.ldr. It doesn't seem to work for me anyway. But you can define
custom colours in your models, using the colour dialog you get by clicking
"more" to the right of the standard colour boxes, and clicking "define...".
These colours are not global however, and must be defined for each model. The
RGB values can be found here:
http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/colorguide.cgi

However, if you want to render them using l3p, I'm not sure if l3p will
recognise those custom MLCad colours. So for that it's probably easier to do as
Tim suggested - use the standard colours in MLCad, and convert them afterwards.

HTH

ROSCO