 CAD / MLCad / 2157
  Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

I would like to use the following colors in MLCAD: 1. Light Stone Gray 2. Medium Stone Gray 3. Dark Stone Gray I have been attempting to find or create these colors in MLCAD, but I have not been fully successful. I’ll also be rendering with these (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) Hi David, The only way I've found is to use some other colours for them and then remap the colour definitions in POVray. l3p doesn't like the colours and converts them completely wrong. Tim (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) Hi David, As far as I can work out, MLCad does not currently support the colours defined in ldconfig.ldr. It doesn't seem to work for me anyway. But you can define custom colours in your models, using the colour dialog you get by clicking (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) That sure is the truth! POV was rendering one of the stone gray colors as green. Thanks for the tip, Tim. - David (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) I found this link just yesterday or the day before, and I was glad to see that the three stone colors were on it. Now I have the RGB values, although the RGB for Dark Stone Grey doesn't seem to work too well. (...) Light stone grey seems to be (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) In your LDraw install directory (usually C:\LDraw), there should be a file of color definitions, ldconfig.ldr. You can also find it at (URL). This file includes RGB values for colors, that might work better than the values on the colorguide (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) I downloaded the ldconfig.ldr file and replaced mine in case it was outdated. There are two colors in the file that look like what I need: 0 !COLOUR Stone_Gray CODE 71 VALUE #A3A2A4 EDGE 0 0 !COLOUR Dark_Stone_Gray CODE 72 VALUE #635F61 EDGE 0 (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) MLCad doesn't currently use ldconfig.ldr but other apps should (l3p, ldview, etc..) Specifying the number they recognise should be enough. (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) I'm pretty certain l3p doesn't recognise bley (or ldconfig.ldr) unfortunately. Tim (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) That's correct. The "next version" of L3P will support it, as far as I know, but it's impossible to say when that will be out. LDView does support it, and LDGLite might. However, the current L3P does support 12-bit dithered colors 24-bit color (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) Victory! I used this method to get the stone colors, and everything is turning out right. In conclusion, here are the three stone hex numbers: Dark Stone Gray: 0x02635F61 Medium Stone Gray: 0x02A3A2A4 Light Stone Gray: 0x02E5E4DE I've been (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)