 CAD / MLCad / 2166
Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:15:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Dean Earley wrote:
MLCad doesn't currently use ldconfig.ldr but other apps should (l3p,
ldview, etc..) Specifying the number they recognise should be enough.

I'm pretty certain l3p doesn't recognise bley (or ldconfig.ldr) unfortunately.

That's correct. The "next version" of L3P will support it, as far as I know, but
it's impossible to say when that will be out.  LDView does support it, and
LDGLite might.  However, the current L3P does support 12-bit dithered colors
24-bit color definitions.

In MLCad, click the "Custom..." button on the "Select color" dialog, then select
"24-bit color solid" in the combo box, then select your color.  Alternatively,
just type the hex number from ldconfig.ldr directly in the box with a 0x02
preceding it.  So Stone Gray would be 0x02A3A2A4.  For transparent colors,
change the 0x02 at the beginning to 0x03.  If you do this, the color should show
up fine in MLCad, LDView, L3P, L3Lab, and probably LDGLite.

--Travis