 CAD / 14172
Re: I found an LDRAW importer for Google SketchUp
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 17:29:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim Foltz wrote:

  • Create a simple model and paint the parts (use colors you know are available by name in LDraw: red, green, blue...)

A note on colors. Some LDraw tools (including MLCAD, LDView, L3P) support arbitrary 24-bit color specifications. Use the following in place of the color code for colors you don’t recognize:

0x02RRGGBB

The RRGGBB part is the hex version of the RGB. Make sure to 0-pad. So 255,128,0 would be 0x02FF8000.

You can use the following to get transparent colors:

0x03RRGGBB

Of course, you can’t control the amount of transparency, just whether it’s on or off.

--Travis