 CAD / 14163
Re: I found an LDRAW importer for Google SketchUp
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:25:45 GMT

Ross Crawford wrote:

I think it would be a great tool for modelling complex surfaces
like minifig hair, if an export to DAT funtion can be written.

I got the following mail from Jim (the author of the LDRAW import plugin):

Hello Anders,

I've been reading the posts in the lugnet.com/cad news about my LDraw
SketchUp Plugin. Thanks for the posting.

I have uploaded a new version with a basic export function. It looks at only
the faces in the current model and exports a .dat file (defaults to
c:/ldraw/test.dat).

Maybe you could give it a try. I'd like to hear about how you would like to
use SketchUp for part authoring so I can understand how to make  the
importer/exporter better.
<<<

So let's go to http://jim.foltz.googlepages.com/sketchupldrawimporter and
download it and test it. Jim knows of the postings here now, so we can add
our findings, ideas and bug-reports in this thread.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm