 CAD / 14149
14148  |  14150
Subject:
I found an LDRAW importer for Google SketchUp
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:58:52 GMT

Don't know if this has been mentioned here before, but I have found an LDRAW
import plugin, made by Jim Foltz(?), for the Google SketchUp program:
http://jim.foltz.googlepages.com/sketchupldrawimporter

I have only checked it on the CAR.DAT yet, but that works, even the colors
come through.

One important thing for international users: It barfs if your Windows is not
configured for a decimal *point* (it crashed SketchUp on my Swedish Win XP
until I changed the National Settings to DP).

If you haven't heard about it, Google SketchUp (http://sketchup.google.com)
is a free drawing program with many interesting properties. It's probably
not suited for LDRAW part authoring, but it can be a great way to play a
little in 3D with your model.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm