 CAD / 14163
  Re: I found an LDRAW importer for Google SketchUp

(...) I got the following mail from Jim (the author of the LDRAW import plugin): (...) Hello Anders, I've been reading the posts in the lugnet.com/cad news about my LDraw SketchUp Plugin. Thanks for the posting. I have uploaded a new version with a (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I found an LDRAW importer for Google SketchUp

Hello, I just wanted to say hi and that I am trying to work on the plugin everyday. Even so, it's a slow process. I have some basic functionality but there are a lot of problems. Right now, it's posible to import primitives, parts, and models. (...) (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: I found an LDRAW importer for Google SketchUp

(...) If you look at LDLoader/LDLQuadLine.cpp in the LDView source code, you will find my code for fixing the winding of bow-tie quads. (Specifically, look at LDLQuadLine::swapPoi...IfNeeded.) If the algorithm I use isn't apparent, or you're not (...) (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: I found an LDRAW importer for Google SketchUp

(...) I can't find it anywhere. I downloaded the source from: (URL) Is this the right zip file? (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: I found an LDRAW importer for Google SketchUp

(...) No, that's not the right version, and doesn't have the file. You can get the latest release's source from here: (URL) I'll update my downloads page to include direct links to the more current source. It's obviously confusing at the momemt. (...) (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: I found an LDRAW importer for Google SketchUp

Just FYI, I updated the LDView downloads page, and it's now much more clear how to get the current LDView source code. The source code section of that page is here: (URL) --Travis (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: I found an LDRAW importer for Google SketchUp

(...) Thanks Travis, I will have a look. In the mean time, I have been using the blog to announce the importer/exporter updates. (URL) Sketchy Endeavors>. (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: I found an LDRAW importer for Google SketchUp

(...) A note on colors. Some LDraw tools (including MLCAD, LDView, L3P) support arbitrary 24-bit color specifications. Use the following in place of the color code for colors you don't recognize: 0x02RRGGBB The RRGGBB part is the hex version of the (...) (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: I found an LDRAW importer for Google SketchUp

(...) Tanks Travis, I got it working. Your code was neat and clear; you must do it professionally. Here's a before and after: (2 URLs) (18 years ago, 4-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: I found an LDRAW importer for Google SketchUp

(...) Thanks for the tip. I plan on having a custom pallet in SketchUp with all the ldraw colors available. Of course, you can create your own colors too. A custom color will get exported as you describe below. (...) I'd use 50% in that case. (...) (18 years ago, 4-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad)