 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1496
New MOC: Disc Racer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:46:13 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I took a break from studying midterms to build a small ship, somewhat inspired by an idea I posted in August.

   The Disc Racer

This was a chance to use some dark red and other parts aquired in BrickFest purchases. I really like the clean studless look (which Phil Painter does really well). It’s funny how the last two ships I’ve built (the Spiffcraft and this one) are circular, but the building technique is completely different. Just about all of the SNOT in this one is thanks to more than 20 1x1 Technic beams with half-pins.

Some tricky parts with this MOC included fitting the flaps and landing gear (inspired by Jon’s T-Wing) into a space no more than one brick thick. I think it turned out pretty well.

Please LMKWYT! Comments, questions, criticisms, etc encouraged.
--Bram

   Bram Lambrecht
www.bldesign.org