 Space / 28547
Re: New MOC: Disc Racer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:45:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris Maddison wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
   I took a break from studying midterms to build a small ship, somewhat inspired by an idea I posted in August.

   The Disc Racer

Bram, wow. This is one sweet little craft. Love the contrast of the sleek round flat disc with the fin and cockpit/engine.

Thanks!

   Some pro-crazy snotwork you’ve got going there.

Familiarity with the 5 plates to 2 studs really helps here. The only SNOT parts I used were

about 24 of these:
   4 of these:
   and 4 of these:

   Also, great work using that evil cockpit piece and getting the whole fig inside.

It was really difficult figuring out how to use that piece. I picked it out because I didn’t want anything large that would overpower the wing. Then I tried to figure out how to use it in a standard configuration, but couldn’t get something that looked sleek enough and would still allow a fig to fit.

   Doors - why didn’t I think of doors! :-)

After that I realized car doors might help to get the right shape, I had to search forever to find the barely-ever-used drawer with all the doors in it....and when I did find it, I had to find some that hadn’t turned yellow.

   Awesome.

Glad you liked it.
--Bram

   Bram Lambrecht