 Administrative / Terms of Use / 542
Re: Brickshelf find: Hello Vifam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:23:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Jeff Stembel wrote:
   Moving back to admin.terms since this is not an off topic debate.

The images do not *clearly* violate TOS if they have been moderated. Considering the size and obviousness of the lettering, it can’t be argued that the admins didn’t see it, and as such they are implicitly stating they are not in violation of that site’s TOS.

Not at all. Kev moderates 1,000s of images-- things do sneak through.

   I’ve seen far worse here on Lugnet, on MAJ, and on Brickshelf that no one has complained about.

Examples? Without disciplinary action?

   As for your statements about “growing incivility in our culture,” that doesn’t really apply here and just seems designed to push people’s buttons.

It’s not my intention to button-push, but merely to point out that vulgar language is becoming more and more commonplace, that’s all. Doesn’t make it any less vulgar, though.

JOHN