 Administrative / Terms of Use / 537
Re: Brickshelf find: Hello Vifam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 05:35:10 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Jeff Stembel wrote:
   Which secion of the TOS do those images specifically violate? Perhaps I’m missing it, but I didn’t see any that those were *clearly* in violation of.

From the TOS:

“You agree to not use the Service to:

(a) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

(b) harm minors in any way;”

I think 4 letter expletives can reasonabley considered “vulgar”, “objectionable”, and harmful to minors.

I realize that some people use expletives simply as punctuation when they speak, but that doesn’t make their common utilization any less civil; it merely reflects the growing incivility of our culture.

JOHN

I’ll set the follow-up to .debate.