 Administrative / Terms of Use / 534
Re: Brickshelf find: Hello Vifam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 04:43:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Stefan Garcia wrote:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Eric Sophie wrote:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Stefan Garcia wrote:

Fine fine, do you really need me or anyone to tell you what you did was not
cool?

No respect for the builder's copy written photos.
No respect for the Terms of Service for Brickshelf, Maj.com, or Lugnet.
No meaningful comment on the model itself.

Come on, I laughed at first and then thought, "dang, that really isn't cool."

Stefan, my concern is for how Hiron would feel seeing his photos manipulated
like that. You have stolen from the builder. Not fair, not cool.

Please let us not argue. Just please don't do stuff like that.
Let's have respect for one another.
Taking people's images from Brickshelf has got to be one of the worst things a
Lego Fan can do.

The only thing I would add is the fact that there is a cultural/language barrier
in place here. Hiron may not understand what you are doing.

Builders may see this and begin to worry that their images will be hijacked as
this was. I fear people may not want to share as openly if they think stuff like
this is going to happen.

I for one enjoy seeing creations by others. I like the work you do as well.

Thank you.

P.S. I created the Brickshelf Find section of build.mecha to showcase and help
promote the work of others. It is encouragement to them the builders and to
others who may gain ideas. I only use transcluding. I never abuse it.