 Administrative / Terms of Use / 462
Re: Profanity again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 16:09:07 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

<snip>

I'd prefer it not be "fon" or "fun" or anything at all, for that matter. Dave
has been quite gracious about responding promptly and politely. If everyone
lets it go, there won't be any fallout.

Rats!  I was just nuking the popcorn and getting comfy in my Laz-E-boy,
preparing myself for the 'entertaining posts' to come...

;p

Admins, you're doing a bang-up job.  Thankfully, from what I've read here, Dave!
will not be censured or 'kicked outta LUGNET' due to his calling someone else on
the usage of acronyms.  Acronyms, again imho, is the same as using the actual
words.

But I bloviate...

Dave K
-who has used the acronym SNAFU numerous times, but I quote the movie 'Memphis
Belle'--"Situation Normal--All Fouled Up" in my head every time I use it.  At
least, that's what I recall hearing...