 Administrative / Terms of Use / 459
Subject:
Profanity again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:55:29 GMT

Looks like the problem has returned:

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=25585

Dave! could have made this comment in a more appropriate manner.

Besides, John could have meant “frick’n” instead of the other f-word.

Adr.

Re: Profanity again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:33:16 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Adrian Egli wrote:
   Looks like the problem has returned:

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=25585

Dave! could have made this comment in a more appropriate manner.

Besides, John could have meant “frick’n” instead of the other f-word.

Adr.

And whereas I’d agree on a moral ground, having been a person who doesn’t like to use profanity in everyday discourse, I do think that things said in o.t-d can get a little passionate. I’m not advocating usage of profanity in every post, but, in this instance, Dave! was calling JOHN on the usage of acronyms.

Eh, the fallout is going to be fon on this one...

I think that o.t-d should be like ‘the fight club’--what happens in o.t-d stays in o.t-d (within reason)

Dave K

Re: Profanity again

Not *that* passionate, in my view and in the view of the other admins as stated here: http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=11759

   I’m not advocating usage of profanity in every post, but, in this instance, Dave! was calling JOHN on the usage of acronyms.

Dave subsequently requested a cancel of the post, and reposted without the profanity. As for John’s use of BFD, that matter is being dealt with offline. I don’t think that the usage is actually that inappropriate myself.

   Eh, the fallout is going to be fon on this one...

I’d prefer it not be “fon” or “fun” or anything at all, for that matter. Dave has been quite gracious about responding promptly and politely. If everyone lets it go, there won’t be any fallout.

Re: Profanity again