 Administrative / Suggestions / 1187
Re: List of suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:16:49 GMT

I see one you guys missed (I think):

Posting Mechanics -

Fix FTX link mechanics for NNTP subscribers.  When people don't put a space
between the picture link (*.jpg) and the website link (*.html), NNTP
subscribers who click on that link get an error in their browser because
there is no such website that contains both the picutre link and the html
link with all "<" and ">" brackets present and accounted for...

If you don't understand what I am talking about, then use your NNTP reader
to read this post and click on the link:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=2659 - Not picking on Samarth, but it
was the first post I could easily find in my NNTP reader...

Personally I wish I could see pictures in my newsreader.  I also wish Lugnet
had smileys.  Consider this post an official Smiley petition!  But don't
reply here.  Make a new post! :)

Rob

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftware.DOT.com> wrote in
message news:IE4BFn.1tEC@lugnet.com...
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/suggestions/List

Please give it a boo.

If your favorite suggestion didn't make the list, or if you think a
different
post explains the suggestion better than the one I chose, or if you know
more
about the status than I did, send me a mail to my LUGNET ID, and I'll
revise the
list.

If you know more about technical requirements or implementation
implications,
want to elaborate on what's needed, have comments pro or con on a
suggestion, or
in general want to comment in a way that's not just correcting the list,
bur
rather is elaboration, please post here in admin.suggestions (as a
followup to
the post (or posts) I gave in the suggestion list, or at least one in that
tree,
so people can find it when reviewing the thread trees).

As a note: Presence or absence of a suggestion does not imply anything
about
relative importance, priority, likelyhood of implementation, etc etc...
this is
just information for you all. Perhaps at some point in the future there
will be
an application to do this suggestion collation and tracking but for now
it's a
manual process.

Hope that helps y'all out. It was an interesting exercise to compile this
list.

Fortunately for me, I was able to palm most of the actual work off on
Janey Red
Brick, who did the trolling through the forums to find most of the actual
suggestions.

So, then... credit for good stuff: Janey! Flamage for errors: Lar! Clear?

Larry Pieniazek
LUGNET Member #5