 Administrative / Suggestions / 1194
Re: List of suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:50:05 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Orion Pobursky wrote:

That depends. I would expect usually not but sometimes maybe.

Why? If a reasonable explanation can be given, a explanation should be given. This is not the military (I get enough of that at work) and user donations drive this site. Therefore I think that if a user request is rejected, a reason for the rejection is warrented. I do, however, realize that it is not always prudent (e.g. sensitive matters, etc.) to explain every single decision. This is why I think the admins should explain their decisions but should not be obligated to do so.

-Orion

I agree. But I think that admins should be obligated to explain a rejection, but at their own discretion. I think preference should be given to explaining a descision rather than not, but of course, that isn’t always possible.

Legoswami (PS Rob, thanks for the plug ;-) )