 Administrative / Suggestions / 1195
Re: List of suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:20:25 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Dan Boger wrote:
- "Personal top stories" and "Filter honored in top stories":  These two are
closely tied.  If one is rejected, then the other is too.

I think the implication is that these would be two seperate things? Hence, the
Top Stories on the main page (and potentially the news sidebar) would be the
"general public" stories, but there would be a seperate area for your own
personal top stories. At least, I assume that's the difference if one is
rejected and the other one isn't...

And, dunno if this counts as a suggestion, but Suz noted the problem with
searching which seems still to be a little off:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=12537

Looks potentially like whitespace may have something to do with it... Searching
for this post:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=12541

These searches don't work:
+davee +larry +search
+davee +history +search
+davee +pieniazek +search

These searches seem to work fine:
+davee +response +search
+davee +egregious +search
+davee +ascentialsoftware +search
+davee +indeed +search
+davee +hat +search

Very odd.

Oh, and other suggestions, while I'm thinking of it:

- Advanced news search (posted by, post date, specific NG's, etc, some of
  which are supported a bit obfuscatedly in the current system)

- Search off-topic.test posts

- Follow skip-filter settings in news searches

- Agree/Disagree options in addition to Spotlight/Highlight/Un-spotlight
  to reflect "I think this guy is right" versus "I think everyone should read
  this message"

- Read/Unread marks by messages (something Todd wanted to do long ago), and
  can search through read/unread in news search

Hm. Sure there are more that have floated around...

DaveE