 Administrative / Suggestions / 1208
Re: List of suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:58:16 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/suggestions/List

Please give it a boo.

Just one question - there's a couple there with (??) after the status, can you
give more info what that means?

It means I think (unofficially) that is the status, but I'm not sure and it's a
placeholder pending clarification from the implementation team. That seemed
clear to me at the time, was it not what you thought it meant? I can add a
Status Key, I guess... would I need to explain what Open and Rejected mean too,
do you think?

Yes, I think probably a key would be useful, even if the (??) don't remain so
for long (which I expect they won't).

Maybe a better way would just be to leave them
at "Open" until the status is not in question?

Maybe, but I don't think so at the moment, I think there's value in capturing
status (and inviting correction) even if I wasn't sure what the status was at
the time.

OK, I just thought "Rejected (??)" gives the average user no more information
than "Open", really, and just tends to add a little confusion. If it's helpful
to the implementation team then keep it, but please make it clear what it means.

ROSCO