 Administrative / Suggestions / 1186
Re: List of suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:51:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/suggestions/List

First suggestion - add a link from that page to your post, to make it clear
where to post comments, etc.

Now, comments:

- "Ensure that admin@LUG.. goes to all admins":  That seems to be in place, but
assuming it works like the db@lugnet address, I'm guessing it doesn't work.  I'd
suggest you send a test email to that address, and see if you get it.  If not,
the fix is simple.

- "Fix member numbers that have spaces after them" and "Make (/foo/) and /foo/
be the same":  What's the URL for that page?  It should be a very simple fix,
but I need to find the page first.

- "Personal top stories" and "Filter honored in top stories":  These two are
closely tied.  If one is rejected, then the other is too.

- "Move a post function":  Unless we're thinking of ditching the NNTP as the
master backend for the server, I beileve this is extreamly difficult to do, and
therefor should be rejected.

Of course, this is assuming I'm allowed to work on the server - or are we still
waiting for the Dev servers to come online?  Any idea when that will happen?
Would be nice to have a sandbox for testing stuff, instead of breaking the
server by mistake :)

Dan