 Underground / 337
Re: The all-new LUGNET .Underground
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 22:52:32 GMT

In lugnet.underground, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
In lugnet.underground, Nelson Yrizarry wrote:
In lugnet.underground, Suzanne Rich Green wrote: [...]
Gosh, I'm so glad you're interested in Underground! this is super. Too bad
we can't put bridges and dams here too.

We certainly can, if they're underground, that is! :)

OH WOW!!! Wouldn't that be totally cool?! Like, there -are- those underground
caverns with drops of thousands of feet, right?! hoh - that's way creeper than
those silly train bridges ;-) And there ARE underground rivers. OOooo! And fish
with no eyes. all kinds of strange creatures.. (I can't believe how excited I am
by this). Could even steal Trains, eh? (^^) lol. excellent. "Hmm, 8-wide or
10-wide?" lol.

The thing that bums me out about Underground is: to make a fansaty scene that
feels realistic, you'd have to build a gigantic cavernous space for your models.
...well, that's not impossible, of course (think DaveE's Hoth). But it's pretty
daunting to me. Hey, it'd be cool to distinguish Underground at BrickFest by
making people peek into tiny holes to view your lit MOCs inside hollow,
striated, fossil-filled, magma-bottomed, earth chunks.

SNIPPAGE

-Suz

[1] Canabalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers (cheezy horror movie)

TLG made a few interesting pictures of mine cars coming in and out of a
mountain, along with a cable car going up the mountain on the outside.  This is
found in Lego booklet #241 and Lego book #242:

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0241/0241-58.html

And then, speaking of bridges, these books also have some neat bridge building
ideas:

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0241/0241-79.html
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0241/0241-82.html
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0241/0241-83.html
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0241/0241-85.html

#241 and #242 came out in the early 1970's, and have many other great pictures.

Gary Istok