 Trains / Train Organizations / 1936
Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:01:04 GMT

Wow, 2 hours is great! It normally takes us around 6-7 hours to step up.

jt

---------------
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
http://www.ngltc.org

In lugnet.trains.org, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Kim Toll wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how long does it take to setup the GMLTC layout?
Well, we just happen to have a show this weekend-- I'll time it and get back
to you:-)

Setup Friday was around 2 hours, that included building a new rack for
transporting modules, and setting up a 'play area' for kids to build and run
trains.  Saturday morning we spent another hour working on the electrics for
the layout, Conan is creating a professional-quality system, complete with
'kill switches' on each module.  Saturday was also the time to put the
minifigs on the layout - this time we had maybe 150-200 of them!

Once we get things a bit more organized, we should be able to keep settup to
around 2 hours, even as the layout grows.  Of course that's a big "if",
since we consider ourselves to be the most dis-organized train club in the
world!

JohnG, GMLTC