 Trains / 15747
Re: Mountain Town - A train module experiment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:15:30 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
In lugnet.trains, Kim Toll writes:
The next update on my site is a page showing my Mountain Town train module.
http://www.easystreet.com/~kjmrr/

Kim,

Simply amazing.  How long did it take you to build the whole thing?

Thanks Bruce,

As with most projects, I thought about it for months before I did it.  I'm
sure the other PNLTC guys got tired of me talking about my ideas for a
modular sculpted module! :)  But when it came down to working on it, I
probably spent six or seven weeks on it.  It was a very focused six weeks -
I spent almost all of my free time doing nothing but that!  I started just
after Christmas 2000 and finished a couple of days before the PDX GATS,
which I believe was Feb 17 or something like that.  That's how I tend to
work best - with an inspiration AND a deadline :)

I love the two-level effect.

I'm glad you liked the canyon.  That was one of my personal requirements -
to have a canyon so I could have a bridge!

Probably my favorite detail is the canyon with the
waterfall running through the middle.  It made me think of Cornell's campus,
which has this gorge running through the middle that is really pretty
(though it's been ten years since I visited there, so my memory is fuzzy).

Bruce

Never been to Cornell (I'd have said the town's name but I don't have the
slightest clue as to how to spell it) but I hear its a very beautiful campus.

Kim