 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 501 – 520 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) Having metal wheels has its ups and downs. One down is that you won't be able to run it on a 9v line independent of the 9v train. We probably won't be able to run to IR controled trains independently of each other (one remote will likely (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  Some 9V questions of a 12V user

Hello everybody, I have been reading this newsgroup for quite some time, and have some questions of my own now. I use the 12V train system, which I think is still the best of all, but I do like the 9V Metroliner that is coming out. Because of this, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  Re: lugnet.trains FAQ

(...) Hi Cary, Thanks for the effort to create a Trains FAQ! The list of questions you have posted is very complete, there was no question I could think of that wasn't already listed here. I have added some notes to a few questions: (...) In most (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  Re: Pantograph powered LEGO trains?

Frank, Kathryn is powered by an old 12v motor pulling power from a dummy 9v mechanism in the tender. The old 12v motors generally run quieter, smoother, slower, and just look better for steam loks than the 9v ones. The new 9v motors, however, are (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.trains.org)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  Re: Merry 9V Christmas!

(...) I cannot speak for anyone else, but I haven't been speculating about the demise of the 9v line because of what Jake said at BrickFest. I cannot pretend to remember exactly what he said, but it could probably be interpreted two ways. (1) The 9v (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  Ability of newer 9V motors

Since I'm new to Lego trains (bought my first Lego train set last week #4511 + an extra #10158 car), I'm wondering exactly how powerful the little motor that comes with the set is. It seems to have no problem moving the 3 cars that I currently own (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  DCC and other electrical tinkering in the Lego Train World

I noticed a number of posts relating to DCC and the very impressive work that some people have done to bring this into the Lego train world. I thought I would open this new thread to tell you about my activities and Lego trains. I do have a number (...) (21 years ago, 23-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  Re: Crosstrack 9v Question

(...) Thanks to you and Jeff for your responses. FYI, my son, who is 9, loves the Lego trains. He's adding the second oval to his set. He has some bionicle and star wars, but by far he spends the most time with his trains because he can envision and (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  How do LEGO trains work?

This is probably going to seem really silly to all of you, but how do LEGO trains work? Based on the references to 9V vs. 12V, etc. I suspect that they're actually motorized, working trains, but maybe that's only for lights and things? Or do you (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  Re: shroud for train motor wheels

Great work guys! The work and discovery by Jeremy, Dave, and Steve shown below inspired me to try a similar shroud for non-motorized 9v train wheels. As 9v volt wheel housings are exactly 6 studs wide, the edge-to-edge solution shown below is wider (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  Re: 9v train idea book: I might be making one, anyone interested?

----- Original Message ----- From: Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> Newsgroups: lugnet.trains Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2000 12:17 AM Subject: Re: 9v train idea book: I might be making one, anyone interested? (...) other (...) thing (...) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  9v train motors at higher voltage

Hello All, Recently set up three interwoven figure eights, requiring 9 crossing tracks in my lego room last night. Lots of fun running three trains and keeping them from crashing. Then it's also fun to race trains around like a race track. Of course (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  Pictures from Kohala

On June 16th we had a family day in our company (Mõisapäev). I took 2 layouts with me, a simpe 9V (all 9V stuff I have) and a ok-sized 12V layout. See the pictures on: (URL) was the first time my new train (the blue cars) was really takin into use, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  7896 "Straight and Curved Rails" Set Review

RATINGS (Scale: Must-Have Excellent Very-Good Good Fair Poor) Set: Excellent Models: Fair Playability: Poor DECALS? No. SPECIAL FEATURES/COMPATIBILITY Trains - 9V (but not the old fashioned kind that need metal track) SET DESCRIPTION This set is (...) (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  LEGO 9V Train Communication III

(posted on EuroBricks website) LEGO 9V Train Communication III Dear all, As promised in the second communication from the 6th of December last year, we will give you the latest information and decisions regarding the development of the new train (...) (17 years ago, 25-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  Re: 9V train motor(s????)

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:GDD90v.5E2@lugnet.com... <snip> I myself have done a conversion of a 9V motor to run on 12V track, and Felsir (...) </snip> Would Felsir be Frank Buiting? I know he did the same (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  RAILBRICKS Issue 3

(URL) RAILBRICKS Issue 3 has been released. The Tips & Tricks Issue 64 pages (URL) Articles include: •PF Trains + 9v Train Tricks •Creating Wooden Trestle Bridges •RCX (PBricks) and 9v Train Integration •Interview with Swoofty •and much more..... (...) (16 years ago, 5-Jun-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  Re: 12V train early 70th

(...) 12v Trains is two words. All three (9, 4.5, 12) are. The fact that a match on theme=Trains works at all is because the indices have not gotten cleaned up yet; most all items were first "themed" at Trains, with the secondary characteristic set (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  Re: 9v vs 12v

(...) See this post from yesterday on train compatibility for more information: (URL) >- The 12V system has electrical accessories which 9V doesn't have: (...) No command control, though a few folks have adapted DCC for 9V use (it would work equally (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

  Re: 9V Speed Regulators

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998 08:18:52 GMT, "Eric Brok" <brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl> wrote: :Ofcourse, LEGO has to deal with a lot of reverse compatibility. For better :or for worse. (Changing from 9V to 12V was a big exception but even that was :aimed at moving to (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.212)

More:  Next Page >>