 Trains / 6903
Re: multi train dogbone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:26:46 GMT

Dan,
Really cool. I have integrated some LEGO computer control into a train layout
as well. It is great to see others doing the same. I tried to get some
discussions going on .RCX a long time ago but to no avail. I have used both
the RCX and the Decta Control Lab (8 inputs & outputs!). The Control Lab is a
hundred times (OK 2.7x) cooler than the RCX w.r.t. # of sensors! Only thing is
the lack of alternative programming environments!

On rotating the video:
All sarcasm aside. Being a firm believer of the KISS method... How about re-
shooting the dogbone with the camera back to the normal "this way up"
position. Maybe use a different angle to maximize the coverage wrt framing the
shot?

SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Dan Boger writes:
Hey all,

Here's something we've [1]  been working on for our next show...  It's a
dogbone shaped track, that runs 3 trains on it at once, without collisions.
It's pure LEGO, no modifications, and needs only one RCX.  The center
section of track switches polarity, cause it runs trains in both
directions.

Here's a few mpegs of the actions:

   http://www.peeron.com/pics/loop/

and if anyone knows how to turn them sideways, please let me know! :)

:)

Dan

[1]  Jenn, me and Tom Cook