 Trains / 409
Re: Do these elements exist in green? If you have some will you sell?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 21:53:25 GMT

followups set to trains...

Steve Barile wrote:

Hi Larry,
I justy wanted to share with you the SW1200-ish switcher I built. There is a
BN and a LIRR. I just recently added decals to the BN (its toward the top of)
http://www.pnltc.org/Gal_engines.htm.

Yes, I have looked very very closely at these, and like them very much.
However, they are a bit more selectively compressed than I care for. :-)
Mine has two motors, of course, instead of a stubby second truck. Also,
I think the shoulder isn't quite right.

I never do ascii art but here is your roofline:

    __________
   |          | ______________
   | cab      |/ part of hood

whereas I think the correct roofline is:

    __________
   |          |   ______________
   | cab      |__/ part of hood

               ^^ extra flat part of hood prior to step

That little extra transition flat before the step is missing in yours, I
think. But it's a good thing to selectively compress away if you're
looking for length reduction. In mine I used a low slope for the
transition step, after 4 studs of flat. Total length, buffer to buffer,
is in the mid forties, I think.

I also used the trick you showed of using the rubber hovercraft bumpers
for fuel tanks. Those are weird pieces. They pick up a lot of dust and
cat hair in my house, has that been every one else's experience?

Note that the extra step is also narrower than the rest of the hood but
that's impossible to do in green without compound curves...

BTW I also have been fishing for comments on my EP2. Again (it toward the
bottom) http://www.pnltc.org/Gal_engines.htm or directly:
http://www.pnltc.org/imgGal_ep2full.jpg.  Note: I have found the dual 1/4
round gray bricks to finish it. It's only 47 studs long but still in the realm
of long.

Another winner in my book. Kind of short, though. :-)

BTW what colors for the below list of pieces. Did I over look this?

All green. It's in the title of the post.

SteveB

Larry Pieniazek writes:
I'm doing an SW-xxxx (probably a 1500 because it won't have top rounded
windows) and I decided to do it in C&NW colors because yellow and green
aren't used much in existing Train models.

But I've discovered that I'm short (or have, but don't know it!) some
green pieces.

I need the following and don't know if they exist in green or not:

1x2x2 small town windows (these are found in red, yellow and blue a lot)
Need 4
1x3x4 large train windows. Need 2.
1x1 brick with side stud. Need 4
1x6 tiles. Need 6 (OR 1x4 tiles. Need 9)
1x4 tiles. Need 3 (OR 1x4 tiles, need 1, 2x2 tiles, need 2)\
1x1 plate. Need 4
2x6 medium slope with inset top. Need 2, but I'm probably dreaming on
that one...
4x6 plate. Need 1, optional, if I can get the slope above

(Outback racer has one 1x4 tile, that's a start)

Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of these?
Can anyone suggest current sets that have large quantities?
Does anyone have some of any of these they'd be interested in selling or
trading?

Right now, the engine has a yellow cab with a green stripe and a black
roof, which looks OK, but not prototypical by any stretch of the
imagination

(Although I posted a number of different groups, I have set followups to
market.bst because I'm looking to buy or acquire)

Thanks!

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.