 Trains / 4075
Re: Favorite Lego Train?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 03:36:30 GMT

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:48:59 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

Christopher Good wrote:

I like the bulkhead flat better also.  Or at least my modified version
that is capable of holding 3 4x8 containers (or other 4x8
combinations).

??!! Bulkhead flats don't hold containers in the prototype, they're
typically used in lumber service. If you want a flat that holds
containers and you don't want to go doublestack, you should probably
make it a piggyback flat. Many of those were modified to have container
hardpoints before doublestacks became common and you still see them
today used in mixed service (doublestacks most often appear in unit
trains or all container/pig trains)

Yes I realize that, but I haven't found a way to simulate lumber yet
where my 4 year old can easily "play" with it.  She likes cars where
she can remove what they carry and switch them around.  So the
bulkhead was both sturdy enough for the play and cool enough to fit my
likes.

Realism is nice (and usually much harder to achieve), but play ability
and look are much more important to me.

This is not to say that I don't have a few Larry
Hoppers also.

I don't recall selling you any. But I am forgetful, so if I did, the
next para doesn't apply.

Actually I did buy one from you - off of Serious Collector in August
of last year.  You must sell too much stuff to remember.  So I have
one original and several Larry Hopper copies.

If I didn't, what you have is a reasonable facsimile, which is fine with
me, people are more than welcome to suss out whatever they can from what
I've made publicly available and make close copies. But an official
Larry Hopper comes with instructions, if you don't have those, you don't
actually have the set. The only way to get those is to buy them from me,
or from someone who decided to sell theirs. The instructions are
copyrighted with reproduction rights reserved to me, so there's no other
legal way to acquire them.

I got mine before you started doing instructions.  Are you willing to
give a copy?

Christopher Good