 Trains / 4063
Re: Favorite Lego Train?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 14:35:46 GMT

Seems to me, as if we people in good old Europe have a little different view on
trains (exept from James Mathis of course). Like Arjen, most of my frieds
like the trains from the early 80ies most.

I'm of the opinion 1983 was the greatest year for Lego®-trains which has
never been topped since.

All these plus more waggons have been available in 1983:

7740 nicest passenger train ever!
7750 nicest steam engine ever (already discontinued, but still in shelfs)
7760 nicest shunter (discontinued also)
7727 simply the best goods train (red motor with red wheels + connecting rods)
7755 heavy diesel engine
7725 rare red trolley like train
7815 sleeping car
7819 mail van

Out of the 9V era the 4558, 4564 and 4551 are my favourites.

Favourite sets of blue era are the prairee train #119 (4.5V) and 720 goods
train (12V).

Just my personal and subjective opinion of course, but I know of a lot of guys
here sharing this...

Kind Regards

Ben