 Trains / 4070
Re: Favorite Lego Train?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 21:53:01 GMT

Kevin Maynes wrote:

With this in mind, would you be interested/willing to sell the instructions w/o
the huge (and ultimately pricey) collection of parts?

Sure... how much would you pay?

Maybe a signed/numbered limited edition on heavy stock?

NOW how much would you pay?

I know that sounds like an odd suggestion but while hardly for framing, it
might make for a winning situation on both sides, i.e. 1)It's slightly nicer
than "just instructions" thus worth having, and 2)Nicely minted with a
signature, makes "aftermarket copies" easier to frown upon.
Just thinking aloud..

But wait, there's more! What if I threw in printouts of the bulkhead
flat and SWx instructions too?

Now how much would you pay?

But wait, I'm STILL not done. We'll add a color copy on heavy stock of
the POVRay rendered set image?

Now how much would you pay? Operators are standing by! Call today!!!

... seriously ...

This is a good idea and I'd do it if the market would pay enough.
Someone offered me 5, that wasn't enough at the time, and they accused
me of being greedy for wanting more. I gave someone else a set for 10
(without any sig) but they were a close friend of mine. (That's right,
even my close friends pay for stuff... no free goods!)

I'd add all the things I mentioned, above, if it would get the value up
a bit more and make people happier.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!