 Trains / 3008
Re: Coal Process Plant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 03:46:00 GMT

I'm curious on how you managed the black crossbream effect on the front

Larry, You are correct. 2finger/3finger 1x2 plate hinges.
One cross brace is in front of the other.

This says Kentucky/West Virginia to me in a major way. Very nice. Why
black, though? Dark or light gray seems more the color.

I would have preferred to do in Dark Gray but I don't have that many Dark Gray
or Light Gray brick to compete a model of this  size.

All you need is some triple rear axle dump truck with sideboard
extenders hauling butt down a hill to dump into the tipple, and you're
all set!

I'm in the process of build a bulldozer and truck to put the butt onto the
conveyor.

jrosco wrote:

Here are some pictures of my Coal process plant. Still a work in progress. • I'm
looking to make the feed from ground level to the second floor motorized.

http://users.rcn.com/jrosco/index.html

Feedback is welcome.

jrosco@yahoo.com