 Trains / 3002
Re: Coal Process Plant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 01:36:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jim Rosikiewicz writes:
James,

Thanks!

The tripple loads the hoppers by moving back and opening the trap door. I'm
planing on automating the pickup and delivery. I was thinking of putting a
sensor in the cart at the top so when it is full it whould stop and only start
when there is no hopper present.

Logic -
If no hopper - run till cart is full.
If hopper exists -  pause loading cart and dump cart
Back to the top -

I have to by a mindstorm kit and start planing.. (Work in Progress.)

Thanks
Jim

Lets put it this way, there are -many- different ways for it to go wrong :)

I have a working unloader, rotary type, with mindstorms controlling it.  I
really must try and finish the program, then video it in action.  5 Pnumatic
cylinders, 1 motor are required to make it tick (by hand, 2 more motors for
mindstorms)  I'm only using 2 sensor inputs (3 touch sensors), and all three
motor outputs (2 new motors, and a micro motor) in this one.  My coal loader
used 2 motors and all three sensors, although I now know how to get it so that
I would only have used 2 sensors, leaving me room to run a second program that
only used 1 motor and 1 sensor at a time.

James