 Trains / 3020
Re: Coal Process Plant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 02:47:27 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

I think Larry was referring to the technic cross axles with rings at each
end for a technic pin from 6339.

Frank

Yes. Conan has a bunch of those in grey from somewhere so I used them
both in the water tower and the coaling tower. I DID use the 2x2x5
lattice columns in my sanding tower.

from Paul Foster's page of pics:
http://reality.sgi.com/foster_stco/legopic/nmra/index1.html

THIS one shows my coaling tower (on the right)
http://reality.sgi.com/foster_stco/legopic/nmra/gmltc36.jpg (there is a
yard tower that Ricky did on the left which uses lots of the lattice
columns in red)

and THIS one shows my sanding tower
http://reality.sgi.com/foster_stco/legopic/nmra/gmltc37.jpg
on the left, and my water tower on the right, it has a neat nested cross
brace structure inside of 8 columnar legs. Note the Milwaukee Road GP at
the left, and behind it, a brakeman's van (very euro prototype)

Since those have decals (Milw) or stickers (red van) clearly that's not
MY work.

--

Ahh-thanks for the point, Frank, and once again Larry.  I was confused.  When
I revisited those pictures my mind was cleared up.  I've got 2x2x5 black

Ed