 Trains / 3001
Re: Coal Process Plant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 01:22:36 GMT

James,

Thanks!

The tripple loads the hoppers by moving back and opening the trap door. I'm
planing on automating the pickup and delivery. I was thinking of putting a
sensor in the cart at the top so when it is full it whould stop and only start
when there is no hopper present.

Logic -
If no hopper - run till cart is full.
If hopper exists -  pause loading cart and dump cart
Back to the top -

I have to by a mindstorm kit and start planing.. (Work in Progress.)

Thanks
Jim

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
Jim,

First of all, let me congradulate you on a well built model!.  Are you
intending to load the hoppers from this tipple?  If so, how are you planning • to
meter in the coal so that you get about the same fill every time?

Curious, because I have built a mindstorms controlled loader, not anything • like
as nice looking, but functional.

James Powell