 Trains / 27688 (-20)
  Re: Factory Set: Checkerboard Boxcar

(...) Hi Chris, Thanks! I'm really glad to hear you like it. Yes, the red plates in the LDD trains palette are sparse but luckily they had 4 x 6 red plates which were good enough for my 6-wide needs. You had a lot more area to cover in 8-wide. (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Red Hogwarts (teasers)

(...) HoMa, so good to hear from you! I would love nothing more than to attend 1000Steine-Land every year, but the bank account says otherwise;-) One day, though, I do hope to attend, and I will bring (2) suitcases full of MOCs:-) Hope you are (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Set: Checkerboard Boxcar

(...) [...] (...) Paul, Thanks for the kind words. I should point out that the sliding door is a derivative of something the James Mathis Suggested to me a long time ago :) Also, in the arena of there are no "new" ideas... after designing my roof I (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Factory Set: Checkerboard Boxcar

I especially love the livery on it. I'm glad to see that you were able to get LDD to do that (I'm still not as familiar as I'd like to be). steve (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: R/C Trains on Old 12V Track

(...) There should be no problems running it on the older rails. There should be small rubber rings around the drive wheels, so it should get its traction. Dave www.GPLR.org (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Factory Set: Checkerboard Boxcar

(...) Jonathan, Thanks! Mucho credit goes to Chris of course. I like "beefy six wide", too. This was 8-wide converted to 6-wide so I wonder if that contributed there. Hmmm... maybe 6-wide builders should try building in 8-wide first before (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  R/C Trains on Old 12V Track

Hey, this is just a thought but has anyone tested the new R/C trains on the old 12V non-metal track? I would like to find out if the new trains work on the old track, since there is so much of the old track around. I guess another option is to swap (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Factory Set: Checkerboard Boxcar

(...) Hi Paul, I like it a lot. I like the details quite a lot. I build the few train cars that I do in 6 wide, but like to think of them as "beefy six wide" as I would this. I'd love to see this in dark red or reddish brown with the same livery. I (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Hogwarts Express

(...) Yes, the buffer beam is a brighter red. That pic, with the light on it but not on the body side, shows the difference a bit clearer than some of the pics I found. I can see it more easily in the other pics now. I found it difficult to tell how (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Factory Set: Checkerboard Boxcar

For a while I'd been thinking what I really need is a good boxcar for my layout. When I saw Christopher Masi's LDD (URL) "Old (Millyard) Boxcar"> I knew I had found what I was looking for. The only problem was Chris' boxcar was in 8-wide and all of (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Dark Red Hogwarts (teasers)

(URL) Hi John and Ross! Your latest train creations are just schleiming rocking cool! Thanks for sharing. I surfed the NMRA galleries with jealous eyes and asked myself who might have build a whole great train in dark red? Even if you say you need (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Dark Red Hogwarts (teasers)

This is the culmination of a project that began years ago. Ross first built his version of the Hogwarts Express in time for me to bring to Brickfest PDX back in Feb 2004, but he always wanted to convert it to dark red when the necessary parts became (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Hogwarts Express

(...) Just take a gander at the movies. Seems pretty obvious to me, especially considering (URL) great pic>. Note the 2 different red tones. JOHN (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Hogwarts Express

(...) Are you sure the Hogwarts Express is dark red? I know many preserved Mk1 coaches are dark red (maroon) in the UK, but for the films the engine was painted bright red instead of its usual green (ruffling a few feathers in the rail enthusiast (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Collection of different 103er locomotives

Hi, on 1000steine.de, someone posted an overview of known LEGO models of the german 103er locomotives. Credit is given right above the pictures: (URL) Though I'm not a train-head, I find this one too cool: (2 URLs) Leg Godt! Rene (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: New RC Trains Are Posted on LEGO.COM

(...) As in, are the controllers interchangeable, or can you use them in the same vicinity without interference? -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Polar Express pics

(...) Well, hurry up with the Dark Red Hogwarts Express. It's a gorgeous train. I was just hunting around online and did not find any good shots. Apparently the train always missed the cameras at last week's Philly show. __Kevin Salm__ LUCNY (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Polar Express pics

(...) Hey, thanks, that would be great, as long as it is saved as CS or earlier. I'm working on the "PE" logo that appears on the back of observation car. I'll post it when I finish it. JOHN (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Polar Express pics

(...) If you're interested, I can email you the photoshop file I used to print out my decals. Though I have to admit that making the decals aren't difficult - I scoured the internet for a 'Polar Express' font, but came up empty handed. So I saved a (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: funny article from the Philly show

What wasn't mentioned in the article is that Lego plans to discontinue electric trains, and also that they are mostly sold on the internet. This will no doubt discourage parents from buying the sets for their kids. After all, there can be only so (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact