 Trains / 27688
Re: Factory Set: Checkerboard Boxcar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 02:04:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
Paul S. D'Urbano wrote:

gallery: <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=194414> [...]

While so much of the credit goes to Chris, I'd still love to know what you think
of the bits I did.  Also, if anyone likes it enough to buy one I'd love to hear
about it or see pictures if used in a show.

Thanks!

Paul D'Urbano

Paul,

   Thanks for the kind words. I should point out that the sliding door
is a derivative of something the James Mathis Suggested to me a long
time ago :) Also, in the arena of there are no "new" ideas... after
designing my roof I discovered that others have don similar things :)
Anyway thanks for the nod, but you really give me too much credit. Now,
on to giving your model some credit!
   I love the checkerboard pattern! I noticed that you used red plates
on the bottom of your model. I didn't think there were enough red plates
to do that. Is it working out well?
   By the way, great design, love it :)

Hi Chris,

Thanks!  I'm really glad to hear you like it.  Yes, the red plates in the LDD
trains palette are sparse but luckily they had 4 x 6 red plates which were good
enough for my 6-wide needs.  You had a lot more area to cover in 8-wide.

Thanks again...

-Paul