 Trains / 27686
Re: Factory Set: Checkerboard Boxcar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:17:18 GMT

Paul S. D'Urbano wrote:
For a while I'd been thinking what I really need is a good boxcar for my layout.
When I saw Christopher Masi's LDD <http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=27469 "Old
(Millyard) Boxcar"> I knew I had found what I was looking for.  The only problem
was Chris' boxcar was in 8-wide and all of my equipment is 6-wide.  So I set out
to convert Chris' model to 6-wide and in the process I added some features of my
own.  Here's the result:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=194414
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/durbano/Trains/ChecksBoxcar/a01.jpg>>

gallery: <http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=194414> • [...]

While so much of the credit goes to Chris, I'd still love to know what you think
of the bits I did.  Also, if anyone likes it enough to buy one I'd love to hear
about it or see pictures if used in a show.

Thanks!

Paul D'Urbano

Paul,

   Thanks for the kind words. I should point out that the sliding door
is a derivative of something the James Mathis Suggested to me a long
time ago :) Also, in the arena of there are no "new" ideas... after
designing my roof I discovered that others have don similar things :)
Anyway thanks for the nod, but you really give me too much credit. Now,
on to giving your model some credit!
   I love the checkerboard pattern! I noticed that you used red plates
on the bottom of your model. I didn't think there were enough red plates
to do that. Is it working out well?
   By the way, great design, love it :)

--
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/lego/