 Trains / 27469
27468  |  27470
Subject:
My first LEGO Factory train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 12:57:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi,

  I just finished converting an LDRAW-based model to an LDD-based model, and I
uploaded the model to the factory.[1]

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=LFH002&mid=C2C606CB-5FB2-45D9-A206-A4CED4D90453

It's a boxcar that I designed for the Millyard
(http://www.see-sciencecenter.org/Indexnews.html scroll to the middle
http://www.nelug.org/gallery/). I don't know if it will be used at the Millyard,
but thats a different story :) The model features a detailed undercarriage, a
gently sloped roof, and home made doors that can be opened and closed.

I am considering creating a version with unbuffered trucks since 2x3 plates with
one hole are part of the LDD pallet.

Chris

1. part 2431 is incorrectly mapped in the ldraw.xml file. If you edit the
ldraw.xml file to map ldraw part 2431 to LDD part 2431 then 1x4 tiles in red
will import correctly. Similarly, if you know the ldraw part number for the 1x4
dashboard tile you can fix the mapping of that part too. Unfortunately, I do not
know that part number. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, well, then
you probably shouldn't be mucking around in the ldraw.xml file :)