 Trains / 27476
Re: My first LEGO Factory train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 11:51:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:

SNIP

Again, thanks for your compliment, but I don't know if this box car is
something that you would want to run behind the LEGO BNSF. I took a
quick picture so that you could make a size comparison for yourself.

http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/boxcar_bnsf_comparison.jpg

I tend to make my engines big. Not only do I make them wider and longer
than LEGO engines, but they tend to be taller too. You know though...
you could always come over to the dark side :)

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the quick picture.  I was trying to figure out some way I could
recreate that scene in LDraw to do a virtual comparison.  You saved me a lot of
trouble.  While your picture does show that the boxcar is a bit out of scale
with the BNSF, it also shows how great a brick-built version of the boxcar
looks.  You are tempting me to the dark side...  The thing is everything I have
already is in 6-wide and I don't have room in my house for track layouts with
the curve-straight-curve arrangement used by 8-widers.

Hmmmm... maybe your design could be converted to 6-wide...  :-)

Thanks again,
-Paul