 Trains / 27677
27676  |  27678
Subject:
Dark Red Hogwarts (teasers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 05:16:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

This is the culmination of a project that began years ago. Ross first built his version of the Hogwarts Express in time for me to bring to Brickfest PDX back in Feb 2004, but he always wanted to convert it to dark red when the necessary parts became available. Now they are:

These are some quick shots taken before and during the NMRA show in Philly. Since we didn’t have a full loop to run trains, the DeVaLUG was kind enough to let Ross run his Hogwarts Express and Polar Express on their layout. Thanks, guys!

There are decals missing and a few remaining “trim” issues, but it is basically finished. I think it looks very snappy and even better on the move. Ironically, the new dark gray works great as the roof color for the coaches; perhaps even better than regular dark gray. Again, better pics to follow upon completion.

And if you think this is something, just wait until you see what Ross is working on currently. Blows my mind.

Enjoy,

JOHN