 Trains / 27508 (-20)
  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) Chris, Once again, very nice! And 6-wide, too! I'm currently working on converting your 8-wide boxcar to 6-wide (1). With these hoppers and that conversion I should be able to make a pretty cool freight train for my BNSF loc and TTX cars (if I (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Factory Commuter Train-- The Mariner

(...) SNIP (...) James, Let me also add that if you post to .announce.moc you'll have a good chance that your creation will show up in the LUGNET spotlight (which is biased towards posts there). This will help the non-train-heads or casual lurkers (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) Um, you are making a post about lego trains. "nerdness" is a given parameter. (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Two more Factory model... hoppers

I recently uploaded two models to Factory... One is a covered hopper. There is a bufferless version (URL) a buffered version (URL) other is an open hopper. There is a bufferless version (URL) a buffered version (URL) the Factory pictures don't show (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Factory Commuter Train-- The Mariner

(...) Super model James! I just wanted to add... please register your model at save.9vtrains.com. Even if you don't want to enter the contest, this site has a good chance of creating a library of quality models. Maybe LEGO will get a better system, (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Factory Commuter Train-- The Mariner

(...) Great models James and I agree with your thanks to all involved with LDD. (...) I think I need to start doing this for 2 reasons. First the auto generated instructions from LDD just arn't good unless you build from the bottom up and never (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LEGO Factory Commuter Train-- The Mariner

A lot of thanks to go around: Thanks to the LEGO Digital Designer and LEGO Factory teams for the power to design sets - Thanks to the amazing folks who have LDD and LDraw tools communicating with each other Here is my first attempt. I started with a (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) Well first you have to be logged in to the site. Second it is in a drop-down box at the top of the gallery. (Accounts are free and require no personal info, just a valid E-mail address which is hidden from public view). -Eric (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  French Sleeping Car

Hi, I've added in my BS galery some pictures of my new wagon MOC. This is a french sleeping car in "Corail" livery. All comments are wellcome. (URL) The BS galery is here : (URL) (18 years ago, 31-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley wrote: <snip> Eric- I must be dumb-- I don't see where the "add media" button is to enter the contest... JOHN (18 years ago, 31-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My first Factory train

(...) Ed, Given enough time, I could find a spot to put the ldr file. I could also upload the version that uses 1x1 plates with horizontal clips and pod-racer tubing for ladders. However, I've heard the LDD will save a file as an ldr file if you add (...) (18 years ago, 31-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Modded Bk/Yw Striped Tiles for Train Loco Ends

A few keen-eyed Brickshelf followers might have noticed my latest parts mod, cutting up the 1x4 black and yellow striped tiles in order to make the chevron patterns for loco ends. I used a Stanley knife, followed by a thin modelling saw to cut them (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

--snip-- (...) --snip-- (...) I doubt that LDD will ever be a truly powerful CAD software simply because it isn't designed for power users. I very much doubt I will ever be able to build most of my designs using it simply because I often need very (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) I love the loco Ross (John). Just remember that to be included in the contest you need to submit it to the Gallery on Save 9v Trains. Here are the (URL) Rules and Instructions.> As a quick update the "Rolling Stock" and "Diesel/Electric" (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) I guess it's easy to forget that the piece count goes up vaguely cubically. Since (8/6)^3=2.37 is about 1000/400=2.50 I guess the trains fit nicely to that rule. I suspect that in eight-wide you use less small plates as a fraction of the train (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) Surely you have to pay in sweet and tears as well as the aforementioned blood to design in LDD. Mmmm... sweet LDraw converter :-) Nice loco, pity you can't get very good images off LDD to show it off better. (Another) Tim (My (four wheeled) (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) Yeah, between 8 wide and schleiming, the piece count tends to creep north... (...) So you don't have to sell blood to afford your hobby? I see what you mean;-) JOHN BTW, it doesn't cost anything to virtually build 8 wide.... (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) Hi Steve, Following the provided link ;) I find 1067 parts and I assume there are no spare since it's Factory on demand. John, Can one engine really have 1067 parts? Do all your engines have about 1000 parts? That is huge! I think my three car (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

What is the piece count? How many extra elements do you get? SteveB (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Would You Like To Play A Game Of Chess? I Play Very Well....

Oops, sorry about the crosspost to these groups-- wasn't intentional. JOHN (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact