 Trains / 2706
2705  |  2707
Subject:
Questions from a trains idiot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:18:16 GMT

Hey Y'all:

I plan on buying one of the fine train sets currently available from Shop@Home
and was wondering about a few things.  I assume the sets that come with track
are complete and will run with the given accessories.  I gather that rather
than an old Lionel hook or hitch style coupler, that Lego trains hookup by
magnets, is this right?  From there I get a little more confused...

Do I need one each of the Buffers, Magnets, and Couplers as well as the
Wheelsets accessories for each car I wish to make?  I assume this should be
obvious, but I want to make sure of what I am looking at here...

Would I want more than one Train Motor on a train and will this overload the
Speed Regulator?

What is a Bogieplate?

What does one get from the Lighting Brick and Connection Wire acessories?

What are the killer train accessories no longer available?  What's missing
here?

Lastly, which set of the ones currently available is considered the best one?
I have also seen a few of the 4559 Cargo Railways, so that would also be an
option for me.  Am I wrong to think that this set might be cooler than the
4561 Railway Express?

Thanks in advance for your help and kind attention to these newbie questions,

Richard