 Trains / 26433
Re: Creating a GBC for a train layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 23:28:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, John Brost wrote:
   Here’s a link to the rendering of the train car we’re asking about.

http://www.teamhassenplug.org/GBC/Train/

The blue 2x2 round bricks slung between the train wheel sets is what we’re concerned about. In this 6-wide train car, the 2x2 sticks out an additional 1 stud on each side making it 8 wide at that point. We usually use a bump sensor that would be placed next to the track to sense the GBC train. Our basic question is if we keep this arrangement and run the train on the same track with 8-wide trains, would the 8-wide trains trigger (or mutilate, in a spectacular crash) our bump sensor?

Well, if the GMLTC 8-wide trains were involved, it would definitely be “mutilate, in a spectacular crash”...

Here’s one of my 8-wide locos

But, I’d suggest just go with what works for you. If an 8-wide train doesn’t work, don’t run 8-wide trains on that loop. :-)

JohnG, GMLTC