 Trains / 24553 (-20)
  Re: What if.....Update!

(...) I modified the file again to solve any structure problems. I added two small supports at the open end. Since you cant utilize the space right next the sides any way. (URL) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2 axel motorised truck with 3 stud center wheel spacing

(...) Hi Rob, I figured you of all people would like this. I may add the seceond set of pickup wheels, or a second moterized truck, and wire them togather. Right now I'm usng the spring-to-axel methode to get my power from the metal wheels. If I (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Some trains

My ever expanding train collection forced me to reorganize some tubs of trains, and I came across of some I never got around to take pictures of. Some have been used at a train show or two, so the odd shot may have been published, but no detailed (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: What if.....

(...) I really like all this feedback. Its like were all in a room with as many LEGO bricks as we want. And were building the best MOC to have been created. :) Alright, I made some changes and opened one end of the plate. I also ran the holes the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: And now, for another theme bastardization : : Track MOW Ship

Really stupid replying to my own post, but BS seems to be giving an error for the gallery URL. Here it is: (URL) trying to get the hang of this FTX thing......) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  And now, for another theme bastardization : : Track MOW Ship

I’ve always been a fan of space, but I never really managed to get down to doing anything in the theme as of late as it was too abstract for me (Although I did a lot of stuff as a kid, my memory and definition of what spaceyness was got wiped out (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: What if.....

(...) As an 8-wider, I am left feeling a bit flat. One of the biggest problems using 6-wide bases on 8-wide trains is the number of 1x(x) plates that are needed to fill in the gap, and the minimum thickness of the train's bases grows from 2 to 3 (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

"Mathew Clayson" <mathew_impact1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ID1o4G.1ErE@lugnet.com... (...) Holy crap Mat! I never really thought of doing that. That's great! To combat jittering on uneven tracks and the like, you could always add a second set (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod)

  2 axel motorised truck with 3 stud center wheel spacing

A Motorised 2 axel truck with 3 stud wheel spacing. This is a custom modified 9v train motor. (URL) I've been toying with this idea for a while. It seems a shame that LEGO makes only the one style motor truck. I used a small DC motor and a pair of (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: What if.....

Leaving off the end isn't a bad idea! In my mind's eye I see the end terminate as any other single plate thickness. Great thinking! How about a 1x2 stud notch off the end too. This way if a pair are tight up against each other (or a 6xn plate is (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

A very interesting idea, it takes the advantages of the train bases (strength with with the height saving of the inset bogie (truck)) but with far more flexibility of use. I think Lar's suggestion of leaving off one end and adding more holes would (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) Forgot to mention this the first time.... That's right J2, I'm saying make it go to 11. (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What if.....

(...) No, 6 more, for a total of 11. I'd take holes all teh way to the ends! I often do trucks that don't use bogie plates and instead use the 2x2 tile with center technic pin, so I can offset the truck pivot (for ability to get around curves (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) Currently I have 5 holes in the train plate. They are 4 studs from the end of the plate as it is on the normal 6x24/28 plates. Are you suggesting I should put two more? I think with the open end it would lead to a weaker structure. Also it (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Winterlude Photos

(...) The O-Train is one of the most impressive MOC in the show, and it was Jason's first train MOC which he finished it in 3 days just in time for the show. This is the best pic I got: (URL) A few more, once moderated: (URL) Pic of the real thing: (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: What if.....

(...) Very intersting idea! I am not myself a fan of skirted trucks, I like the built up effect you get by using plates and technic plates. But for some applications they make a lot of sense, and I think your one end part might be very useful. To (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) Its funny that you mention articulation, as that was sort of the resion why I came up with this idea. Here is a picture that shows why. (URL) some of you know my TGV is a 10ft long articulated train. I wanted to make the cars for my TGV longer (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: wanted: water fall ideas.......please

Here's a picture of my snotifall: (URL) sure there's more pictures out there somewhere. I haven't managed to post any myself. The basic construction is a backing of blue plates, with smaller blue plates staggered around to increase texture, and then (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) I find with building long wagons in 8mm:1ft scale (8+ wide British or 10+ wide American) that the 6-wide baseplates don't allow a bogie plate to turn sufficiently inside the underneath of the baseplate. Therefore I've used 2x2 plates with a (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) I think this is certainly an interesting idea, but I don't follow this specific point. I think that although the current bases have their limits, they're easy enough to work around as far as lengths go. I think a good articulation is more (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact