 Trains / 22963 (-100)
  LEGO S@H Metroliner Discount Offer

ILTCO is pleased to extend an opportunity to the LUGNET community to take advantage of an offer previosuly extended to ILTCO members to purchase the LEGO Metroloiner at a substantial discount. LEGO Shop-at-Home North America is offering a special (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) While on one side I'd say that you're right here, on the other hand some things in proper proportions can get a point across much better. (URL) you've ever seen a real terminal, you'll know it's really overwhelming. I think using 4*6 or 4*8 (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brick Built Beasts volume 1

(...) Wow a very helpful resource. I will be looking at this more in the future to try and add more animals to our layouts. Thanks! (...) Even better, I know there are some great beast/monsters out there, so having them linked in a single place is (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Brick Built Beasts volume 1

(...) some good examples. Thanks! George (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) I agree with Larry here (...) Larry introduced me to this term/concept and this is what I had in mind. The container size is the key. The model seems to have 5 rows of 2-wide containers and you would want 4-wide which IIRC is what the train (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Brick Built Beasts volume 1

(...) Ducks? hmmm, try (URL) here>! (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Brick Built Beasts volume 1

(...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Brick Built Beasts volume 1

(...) Snip Thanks, Bruce. This promises to be an excellent resource. I've already gathered a few ideas from it. The sheep design that I have been copying ((URL) as you have linked> and (URL) other> (URL) permutations>) are based on a design by Tom (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Brick Built Beasts volume 1

(...) Hi Bruce, Good job with volume one, it's a great resource. I have a beasty for vol. 2. His name is BUB (Big Ugly Beast) and he was an entry in the CCContest. Here's the link --> (URL) Job! Josh (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Brick Built Beasts volume 1

(...) Thank you for being one of the biggest contributors. I especially like your donkey and your deer. (...) weeks ago, so I don't know how I missed that. Now that I see Jojo's stuff I remember that as well. Is that a goose or a swan (not that it's (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: A little math concerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) Actually, they probably should be 2.1 wide or something. In fact I hope to see some of these at BrickFest DC in the Micro Scale exhibit... wouldn't a microscale dockyard and train container loadout facility be cool? (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  Re: Brick Built Beasts volume 1

Great resource, thanks for putting it together! Just a few additions you may want to consider: Jason J. Railton's horse: (URL) Koehler's geese: (URL) Pigeons: (URL) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Brick Built Beasts volume 1

(...) And obviously there was a lot of effort that went into compiling all those links. Well done. Regards, Allan B. (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: A little math concerning ships, containers and Minifigs

I think we should build 3-wide trains to fit these new 2-wide containers... ;-) JohnG, GMLTC fut .trains, just to rile John Neal... (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Brick Built Beasts volume 1

Hi all, I have compiled an article with links to animal MOCs at approximately minifig scale by a large number of AFOLS, which can be found on Classic-Castle.com's how-to page: (URL) was compiled initially to help add details to castle layouts, but (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) (snip) (...) Well, that's sharp and all, but I think building to scale really misses the point. That container's 8 wide! I prefer my scenes more packed with detail rather than doing one 10 foot long ship so that I can fit my to scale (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Dark Grey Track in HP Train 10132?

(...) To answer my own question, I saw this on the Lego club website: (URL) company rep (sink21) says that "All new track (track produced as of January 2004), like all LEGO elements will be in the new colors." :-( How long will the stock of old dark (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Custom signalman (LED mod!)

(...) really into modding to create non-existant parts but these add another dimension. *Goes away to think about how to put a self contained light in this* (URL) Tim (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Custom signalman (LED mod!)

(...) lugnet.parts.modifications - nice idea that. I'd certainly be able to contribute ;) Nice work Rob! Can't wait to see your minifig miner's helmet complete with white LED. Or shouldn't I be giving you such naughty ideas ;) JB ... dremel well ... (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Custom signalman (LED mod!)

(...) Just give me a 1x1 round transparent plate with embedded light source, on off switch, and replaceable battery, and make sure it fits on a stud from the bottom and into a 1x1 round from the top and I'll make my own. :-) That's not TOO much to (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

"Cary Clark" <cclark2@nScP.rArM.com> wrote in message news:HxwtDp.uw0@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) in a (...) exactly (...) better (...) program, then (...) in it's current Alpha state is a better track layout tool than TrackDesigner is. But that (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Custom signalman (LED mod!)

(...) necessary... I realized this when making my "modern" one. You make one of these "old time" ones from Lego pieces, and I'll make it light up... :) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Custom signalman (LED mod!)

(...) I think it's cool. And spot on for a modern lantern or torch or flashlight (as you like) Old time ones have wire handles so they can be swung overhead when necessary... (URL) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Custom signalman (LED mod!)

This guy was fun to make. Well, anything I make where I get to use my Dremel is fun... I'm happy with the "lantern" I came up with. I'd like to see some of your designs as well! (URL) -bm www.brickmodder.net (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) That's not quite what I meant. I was saying that you can't have a single line of track that has sections that follow the current official layout standard and other sections that follow the proposed idea of riding down the seams between (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  NGLTC display at Dawsonville LEGO Outlet store Memorial day weekend

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) will be presenting their annual train display on Saturday May 29th at the Dawsonville Georgia LEGO Outlet store at the North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall. The layout will be setup in front of the store from (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga) !

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

You got me thinking and, they *can* work alongside each other : ) Check it out : (URL) just to prove that I really spend way too much time in front of a computer screen, I made some low polygon, mockup, moonbase elements in MLcad to try out ideas (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

In lugnet.trains, David Laswell wrote: ... (...) TrackDraw in its current state addresses all of the features you mentioned in a prior post: more than 4 connection points, 'true' rendering (baseplates exactly stitch), etc. I don't doubt though that (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Sets 10157 and 10158

If I read this correctly, Lego will be offering stand-alone versions of the cars from the 4511 High Speed Train set. Interesting. Can anyone shed any more light on this? Bryan "Pascal BRUGIER" <pascal@brugier.com> wrote in message (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Volunteer needed for container swap BFDC2004

(...) Jeff, are you gonna just stand there and be nominated like that?! Avoid work like the plague! Because if you don't, I'm gonna nominate you to organize rtlToronto16, 17 and train7. :) Calum (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) I was trying to find a comprehensive list of TrackDraw features (one that didn't require slogging through 300+ posts in a Yahoo group), and I ran across this post. In all this time, has noone else figured out that you can copy/paste elements (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) I don't have a copy of TrackDraw yet (I only recently downloaded Track Designer), but I'm pretty sure it's less a problem with the design program and more a problem with the actual track geometry. The Monorail track was designed with the (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) The advantage to that design is that the area between modules should already have 8-stud/9-brick clearance, so as long as the train isn't too high, it should be able to pass through safely without any major modifications to existing modules. (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Volunteer needed for container swap BFDC2004

I nominate Jeff VW... -Rob (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Sets 10157 and 10158

Hello, Here, in France, I have today confirmation by LEGO of two news trains sets : 10157 ans 10158. The name of 10157 is : Hight Speed Locomotice The name of 10158 is : Hight Speed Train Car. Normally it's same, Locomotive and Train Car of the (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train set Harry Potter 10132

(...) I heard somewhere that after the universal colors are set the tracks wouldnt change in color. (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train set Harry Potter 10132

(...) Didier - This is interesting news, thanks for posting. This is just a friendly reminder to please follow up any discussions of the color change itself, frustrations, etc, to lugnet.color. Figured I'd get this one in early :-) XFUT --> .color (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  New train set Harry Potter 10132

I'm sorry to announce to the AFOL train community that the new Harry Potter train set ref 10132 contents rail tracks in the new dark grey colour. Maybe is it just for the European market. Anyway train wheels are black ! (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Presumably that was Ben Fleskes... (see (URL) Interesting....they make custom plastic parts. (...) I have been very pleased with the wheels Ben commissioned and it's in part a testimony to the molder he chose (and in part to his engineering (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

I believe this pic that I made a while back will help people visualize what Lenny is talking about : (URL) beleive that this idea maximizes the real estate available... (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Call for Group Train Layout at BrickFest™ 2004

Call for Group Train Layout at BrickFest™ 2004 Once again we would like to extend an invitation to all individuals, LEGO® train clubs or clubs that organize other displays with trains in them to set up a display at BrickFest™. For those of you who (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message news:HxKx9u.1sG7@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) without (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Have any of the Moonbase folks tried using TrackDraw[1] for moonbase design yet? I don't know (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BLTG Brisbane miniature train show - my pics and comments

(...) Absolutely fantastic photos, not only is the display getting better but so is the photography. Some really great shots Aaron, Well done. Great effort. These are going on the BLTG web site. Impressed Gary (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  BLTG Brisbane miniature train show - my pics and comments

Hi all, on the 1, 2, 3, May the Brisbane Lego Train Group participated in the Brisnane miniature train show, at the RNA showgrounds. Firstly for the lugnet.loc.au readers this is the second post re this (thank you Peter), but for others enjoy. Again (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Dark Tan bricks

Hello, We are being given the opportunity to let Jake (and Richard) know which parts we'd like to see in bulk. (URL) I wanted to take a moment and raise the awareness of the color Dark Tan: I think, dark tan is the color of the ramps in this set: (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

"Jon Palmer" <jon@zemi.net> wrote in message news:HxH8C6.16I2@lugnet.com... (...) Why don't when we put these things together, just keep the train tracks away from the moonway tracks? It's not often roads run flush with rails IRL anyway. -- Markham (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) It really makes sense as far as clearance goes, but all of the discussions on how to do a Moonbase-compatible container kept pushing to make it really long so they could serve double-duty as corridor modules, and using Space Train to haul them (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Shay Chassis (Uni Joint Mods for Trains)

(...) One idea for rubber tires is slices of bike tyre inner tube. Dunno how well it would hold though, and it would raise the height slightly. But it doesn't require a mod ;) ROSCO (Is a mod to a non-LEGO part such a bad thing anyway????) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A 'small' video of my home layout

(...) How did you attach the video camera to the train car to stop it falling off, also how much higher than a normal train was it - it would be nice to see it going through a tunnel : ) Nice setup with the RCX etc - when you use an RCX, do you have (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  That wascally wabbit!

Hi all, Quick little MOC: (URL) A couple more pics, including an exploded view to see construction: (URL) I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'm going with castles and trains, because I could imagine bunnies hopping through the hillsides of either (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Shay Chassis (Uni Joint Mods for Trains)

(...) the (...) advertised (...) Maybe a plaster mold could be made to pour liquid metal into. I was actually thinking someone with a milling machine could step in for the challenge of producing a metal one. (...) and a (...) actually (...) I have a (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shay Chassis (Uni Joint Mods for Trains)

(...) I experimented with using paper fasteners as pickups with the 12V railway a few years ago. I wrapped each one round a toggle joint and rested it on the conductor rails. This would probably be a bad idea for 9V track as scratching it would wear (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC - Toronto Transit Commission - Ride the Rocket

(...) I've seen other people take a crack at it (in fact my own MTW-3001 is vaguely similar to a PCC) but you've nailed it in less space than most seem to take. Streetcar modelers need to go take a look, lots of great ideas in it! My only quibble is (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) Having short cars was one of the main ideas in the beginning, yeah. (...) You might just have a good point there. It would be nice to raise the race-track but then we have to worry about running into monorail. (URL) [ j o n ] (URL) zemi.net> (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

Once again the North Georgia LEGO Train club (NGLTC) will have a summer “club house” at the Discover Mills Outlet Mall in Gwinnett county Georgia. Like last year we will be occupying an empty store in the mall and filling it with our LEGO train (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) No official Moonbase standard should ever hinge upon customized pieces. If someone wants to make them for their own personal collection and use them to tweak the track layout for some reason, that's one thing, but requiring that people start (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A 'small' video of my home layout

(...) Nice first post :) I'm thinking that I'm going to paint my walls a sky blue, or maybe even bley ;), instead of that awful colour that the walls are now. As well, I'm trying to add landscaping. THat's the fun part. Thanks for the post! Take (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

Great Idea, Like to see more of these. Maybe one day ill get my own layout... Stuart Stanley (This is my first post!!) "David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:HxI6L0.84@lugnet.com... (...) pushed (...) little (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shay Chassis (Uni Joint Mods for Trains)

(...) Shay (...) that a (...) 43362 (...) I'd like to see a mod (still trying to come up with it myself too), to eliminate the need for the train motor altogether. That would work great one your Shay. I wonder if we can get someone to manufacture (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) Thanks for the info! Being a spacer/castler, I've not had the pleasure of dealing with track geometry yet. (...) My original proposition was to forget the track meeting at ends of the baseplate, but to have an overlay of 4 studs on each side (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  COLTC to display at Dennison, Ohio's TrainFest from July 30 - August 1, 2004

COLTC will have a 30 x 30 foot layout at the Dennison, Ohio Train Festival from July 30 - August 1, 2004. We are still working out the details of the layout, but we have been asked by the TranFest event co-ordinator to bring along Paul Janssen's 4+ (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.oh) !!

  Re: Shay Chassis (Uni Joint Mods for Trains)

(...) Sorry no digital camera, but I'm thinking of devoting a brickshelf folder to mods eventually. I'll take film pictures when it all works and get the CD too. I had it working at a pulley ratio of 1:4 last night - about realistic Shay speed at 9V (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) Sadly, a double reverse curve will move the track centre 6.0896 studs over, and be 30.6146 studs long - not quite the solution you're looking for :-) (I've spent ages calculating track geometry and I'm not the only one!) Practically, you'd (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) I haven't tested this to see if it will actually work, but shortly after I made the proposal to you, I thought of a compromise. Ok, if you take a curve piece and then put another curve piece opposing so that both sides outside of the curve (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) Yep. A train consisting of undecorated boxes of 6x12 studs max would be a most exciting design, wouldn't it? (...) Well, taking the basic track parameters into account, there will propably be only one solution: It's either train track or race (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  A 'small' video of my home layout

A freind brought his video caera over and we did the 'video camera being pushed around the layout' thing... See it here-- (URL) you can, please download the video and view it from your local HD--my little webserver might have issues with many (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) The second I hit send on my second message in this thread, yours showed up in the newsticker. Nice timing. I've considered the train car length and see what you mean. The first idea was just to keep the cars short, but I do see how that is (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

Me again. I was just catching up on the cool container threads that were going on awhile ago. Jason, Jake etc came up with some really great ideas. But this brings up a new issue. Most of the container ideas thrown around are 8 wide. This clashes (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) Ouch. Please take into account that any train-like construction over a certain (very short) length needs to be put on svivel (SP?) bases in order to be kept on track. So even if then train car stays within 6 studs, a car of 24-32 studs length (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

Let's hammer this out for good this week. I'd like to put it on the Moonbase site soon. We'll work on width first. Look at this bad pic: (URL) Lenny has proposed that the train track also be moved to the seam between baseplates. I see pros and cons (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Shay Chassis (Uni Joint Mods for Trains)

(...) cut off (...) wide, (...) train (...) flex (...) to (...) together the (...) pulley (...) so I've (...) parts (...) Show pics! I love a good hack! (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Shay Chassis (Uni Joint Mods for Trains)

(...) Good news! I have a chassis working, powered by a 43362 motor on board. The bogie centres are still 1ft too far apart at 26ft (26L), but I have 1.5L of axle in the middle, giving 2 lots of 0.5L support from liftarms and 0.5L in the middle for (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC idea

(...) I agree! I always thought the Granville to Paris crash would make a great MOC too, being so well known: (URL) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  More pictures!

Just in case you haven't had enough, there are now 78 more photos from (URL) SCLTC>'s display at Fullerton Railroad Days! (URL) Follow this link for more pictures: (URL). Enjoy! - Thomas Michon Webmaster, (URL) SCLTC> (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  MOC idea

Hi all, I've got an idea that I've been kicking around for a while, but I don't have the necessary Santa Fe Super Chief. So since I'll probably never actually make the MOC, I figured I'd just share the inspiration. This photo ran in the LA Times on (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Universal Joint Modifications for Train Applications

Has anyone modified a universal joint? Was your modified part successful? I find that the uni joints are too long for certain train applications. I propose to take a broken uni joint (the axle holding parts break at the ends), and do the following (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO train show in Niagara Falls,Canada..presented by TheBrickArt

(...) I tried to find out more information and this is what I found: A website that lists train show in Canada but still has no more information: (URL) name of the building at the address given: CANADIAN POLISH HOME 5072 Magdalen Street Niagara (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  RE: LEGO train show in Niagara Falls,Canada..presented by TheBrickArt

Hello Marek, How long will this show be running? Bob -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Marek Cyran Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 10:00 PM To: lugnet.trains@lugnet.com Subject: LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: IndyLUG showing at 500 Kids Festival in Indianapolis

(...) Here are my pictures from saturdays event. (URL) turned out well considering it rained on and off again. our layout consisted of a town area with the speedway model. As well as a small space layout on the other side. Our sponsor the KITE corp. (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  LEGO train show in Niagara Falls,Canada..presented by TheBrickArt

..hello there..just to remind you that there is a LEGO train show in Niagara Falls,Canada presented by TheBrickArt running now..there are over 300m of running tracks..16 trains run independently...including high speed TGV and Shinkansen...also (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vault shots from lowlug.nl

(...) Oh. My. God. You are the luckiest, luckiest person. I salute you and despise you all at once. Thanks so much for the pics. There's a picture in there somewhere of a STACK of 1593s. I'd copy and paste the link but frankly my fingers are too (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  European coal hopper in MLCAD

(URL) just have to substitute the 2 technic steering wheels small with its smaller town 2x2 brother, as soon as I find it in the parts library...) Ciao Gianluca ___...___ Yahoo! Companion - Scarica gratis la toolbar di Ricerca di Yahoo! (URL) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Norvegian class EL18 locomotive (with building instructions)

(...) Thanks. Yes, it is the same of swiss 460, finnish Sr2 and some other variants here and there in the world (I think they also have it in China...) I'll probably soon model them too :-) Ciao Gianluca (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures from SCLTC at Fullerton 2004!

(9 URLs) Pictures of SCLTC's latest show are now available! Our club is displaying at the Fullerton Railroad Days event from May 1-2, 2004, held at the Amtrak Train Station in Fullerton, CA. Follow this link for the photo gallery: (URL). Our show is (...) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Train MOC Pictures with Schliem and Lettering

At the Brickish Association AGM I took the opportunity to take more pictures of my trains, some of which you might not have seen. All are built to 8mm:1ft scale. A few more pictures of other models will follow soon. Class 66 Diesel, in EWS (like (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Norvegian class EL18 locomotive (with building instructions)

(...) Am I if this is the same as Re460? (SBB class 460, Finish Sr2) ? Looks good (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC at Fullerton Railroad Days 2004

The (URL) Southern California LEGO Train Club> (SCLTC) returns to Fullerton Railroad Days this coming weekend with its first new layout of 2004. Items appearing for the first time: An automated light rail system A brand new town area Area 51 A new (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX) !

  Re: Where in the world?

(...) You say Pot-TAH-to I say Pot-TAY-to... ;-) (...) VLC. These things will also have stuff from FreeLUG involved if all comes out right. XFUT .trains ++Lar (from the basement, I gotta bring my PC down here more often) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  A boxcar

A few days ago I saw Daniel Silva's sliding door in this group and thought 'boxcar'. I had previously built a boxcar with doors that slid on plates with a door rails but that turned the MOC into a 10-wide. Daniel's design allowed me to run it as an (...) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers!

One of our members is actively gathering bricks for containers, I am in the process of making stickers. COLTC will have containers available for swapping soon. Paul (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Containers!

(...) Hello, All Lego Train Clubs/Groups ! I will say again ,for any other LTC out there,that does not have a M>ltc container ! Please Email Me at:- teunisdavey@yahoo.com.au . Sorry , I don't have enough time to email every LTC. (Or Should this wait (...) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Containers!

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message (...) gotta make (...) containers (...) ones will (...) Stay tuned, BLTG , the Brisbane Lego Train Group is up and running, and will have a set of containers to trade soon, for the next event (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NCLTC Show at GATS in Raleigh

(...) Play with Lego all week? (...) It was a lot of fun! And your station is safely stored away:) - beautiful work, might I add. (...) Way cool! The crowd was hard to manage when the band left:) (...) Me too! Later, Joe Meno .space paparazzi! (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Containers!

(...) I personally don't have access to a high quality color printer so... I am at the mercy of kind strangers who trade stickers with me. (...) Impressive pileup, I like your ILTCO container! (...) Some of these guys don't yet have (widely (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Norvegian class EL18 locomotive (with building instructions)

Hi all, I made this locomotive years ago: (URL) as a variant of the swiss Re460 you can see in the same folder; then I lenghtened it from 36 to 40 studs and yesterday I made the cad version and render (URL) Companion - Scarica gratis la toolbar di (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Containers!

(...) (URL) (...) Hey, what's the matter with you guys?? NO ILTCO Containers??? You gotta make those yourself. Here are all the containers that LUCNY has so far: (URL) LUCNY is always ready and willing to swap containers. We are missing the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Containers!

(...) Our PNLTC is all scratched up, we need a new one, or at least a new sticker for one side... meant to get one from the gang at PDX but everyone was pretty busy. But you're right, my count was off. Thanks for reminding me! (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NCLTC Show at GATS in Raleigh

Hi All. I finally attended and participated in a train show. I was priveledged enough to be a part of the NCLTC show in Raleigh this weekend. It was awesome. Mike Walsh and company put on a heck of a show. I got to meet some new people, see some (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Containers!

(...) Larry, Your missing the PNLTC container too... Here is an image of the GFLTC set of 22 plus the BrickFest and an extra LUCNY at the H & R Train show. (URL) Robin Werner (URL) GFLTC.org> (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Ben's BR24 instructions

(...) It was interesting to compare the way you split it into submodels with the way I did it. One of the reasons it took me so long (well actually I never fiished it because I got stuck) was I wasn't sure exactly what order you would put it (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact