 Trains / 21767
Re: Bogie design (coupler)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:22:41 GMT

M. Moolhuysen <moom@NOSPAM-chello.nl> wrote in message
news:HpCB4D.F1D@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
I do agree that the 1x4 plate is funny here, but it also have me another
idea: it would be great if it was possible to move in it as close to the
bogie body, and the constructions becomes one stud longer (3 studs of • the
1x4 under the 1x5).

Ah, suddenly I do understand what you ment here, but unfortunately this • would
not fit. A 4263 Technic Plate  1 x  4 with Holes under the 2711 Technic • Rotor 2
Blade with 2 Studs (with one hole and 2 studs overlap, and only the other • hole
extending) would require for the innermost round end of the 4263 Technic • Plate
1 x  4 with Holes, to lean against the studs of the 9V Train Wheel, and • the
diameter of the round end is to large for this. It's diameter is the same • as the
narrow rim on a 4073 Plate  1 x  1 Round, and this "overlaps" the studs • around
it.

I am sure there is a way around that problem. I just need to find it. (and I
have some ideas)

That's why I suggested the 2905 Technic Triangle in my pervious post, • measured
along it's shortest axis it's only 3 studs long.

I noticed that, and will look at that too.

Best regards
Sonnich